Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Silk Fruit & Protein Mango Peach Protein Shake

Recently I decided to try this stuff.... Actually, what convinced me to go ahead and get it was the $1 off coupon I found online! Turned out to be pretty good.  I want to try the other flavors too.  Now this is probably not something I'd just drink on it's own -- BUT it is a great addition to smoothies and protein shakes!   For the calories it doesn't seem to have as much protein as it should but I guess those calories come from the sugar.   Here's the stats -- 
per 1 cup
150 Calories
1.5g Fat
29g Carbs
2g Fiber (24g Sugars)
5g Protein
30mg Sodium

Now, the good thing is that the flavor (at least in the mango peach) is very strong, so you could do what I've done and add a little bit to a protein shake and get the great fruit flavor!  Here's what I did this morning..... 

8 ice cubes
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup silk Fruit & Protein Mango Peach
1/3 banana

*Mix it all up and blend until smooth*

This was quite tasty and easy on the waistline!  Here's the stats for this protein shake -- 

265 Calories
6g Fat
22g Carbs
2g Fiber
28g Protein
96mg Sodium
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many calories are in the 1/4 cup of Silk Mango & Peach?

    ReplyDelete