Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tofu Spaghetti Squash Marinara!

If you read my blog, you may already know that I'm in love with spaghetti squash.  I had some leftover, and I wanted to do something a little different with it yesterday.... And I had just gotten some tofu the day before at the store!  Score!! 

1/8 pkg firm tofu (I used Wegman's)
1 1/4 cups spaghetti squash (Cooked of course)
2tbsp parmesan romano cheese (I used Wegman's)
3/4 large mushroom - chopped
1tbsp onion - chopped
seasoning of your choice 
1/3 cup Spaghetti Sauce (I used Prego Light Smart Traditional Spaghetti Sauce)

Press tofu to remove extra water/moisture.  Dice the portion of tofu you're going to use.  Heat frying pan over med-high heat.  Spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Add Tofu.  Add your choice of seasonings - I used Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb Seasoning.  Add onions & mushrooms.  Sautee until vegetables & tofu are tender.  Add Spaghetti sauce and heat through.  Make sure spaghetti squash is heated through (if it's not freshly cooked, like mine wasn't - it was leftovers - heat in the microwave or on the stove in another pan).  Put heated spaghetti squash in a bowl, top with spaghetti sauce mixture.  Top with cheese.  Enjoy!!

171 Calories
6g Fat
16g Carbs
6g Fiber
11g Protein
402mg Sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment