Thursday, February 23, 2012

Veggie Rangoons!

When I made these I didn't originally think that they'd remind me of crab rangoon but they do! I was thinking, oh this should make a yummy little veggie cup -- but upon tasting them, it totally reminded me of crab rangoon I've had at chinese food places in the past (not something I'd ever eat now!) -- 1 crab rangoon though has 67 calories! And you know when you order crab rangoon you don't eat just one -- for the same size serving as above - crab rangoon has 335 calories, 23.5g fat, 21g carbs, 1g fiber, 11g protein, & 635mg sodium.  Woah - and that's only an appetizer usually!!  

Check out my alternative -- there's no crab in mine, but the taste is surprisingly similar - and this dish is so delish!! You could easily make this for yourself, or as an appetizer or finger foods for guests....

5 Wonton Wrappers
1 wedge laughing cow cream cheese
1 medium mushroom - chopped
1tbsp onion - chpped 
1/3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
about 1/2 cup flat leaf spinach - raw

Preheat oven to 400.  Spray muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.  Divide the cream cheese between the 5 wonton wrappers - just put a portion of it in the middle of each wrapper.  Place each wrapper into the previously sprayed muffin tin -- just push the cream cheese/middle part of the wonton down into the muffin tin.  Add in onion, spinach, & mushroom.  Spray tops with a tiny bit of non stick cooking spray.  Top with sprinkle of parmesan cheese.  Bake for 7 minutes.  I added some black pepper to mine after removing from the oven.  

Here's the stats for mine -- This is one serving -- 

144 Calories
5g Fat
19g Carbs
1g Fiber
6g Protein
359mg Sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment