Monday, February 13, 2012

Acai Vanilla Protein Shake

I had been contemplating buying acai juice for a while.... every time I see it at the grocery (and I'm at the grocery store at least twice a week) I think - I should try this.  It's usually a bit expensive, but yesterday I was at Giant (where I do not normally shop) and they had a 10.5oz bottle, on sale 2/$5 -- but then there was a $1 off coupon (so one for $1.50!)  Score!  I got a bottle to try.  Now mind you I didn't plan on drinking it straight. I like to mix that stuff into smoothies and stuff a little bit at a time because although it's high in nutrients, it's also high in sugar and calories! 

So I used it in this morning's protein shake -- This is so quick and easy. If you're not familiar with the acai berry - here's an article on WebMD for you to check out.
1oz Sambazon Acai Juice
2 scoops Naturade Total Soy - Soy Meal Replacement (Vanilla)
8oz Silk Unsweetened Organic Milk
6-8 ice cubes
dash vanilla

Combine all ingredients in blender (I always put the ice on the bottom) -- Enjoy!!
238 Calories
7g Fat
25g Carbs
3g Fiber
20g Protein
313mg Sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment